Since 2010 E4SMA offers its experience to Companies, Institutions and Government Agencies who are responsible of decision-making activities in the energy and environmental fields.
What we do:
- We develop customized energy system models for informed energy systems planning decisions.
- We deliver quantitative and model-based analyses related to the energy transition, climate policies, technology innovation and systems resiliency.
- We provide technical assistance to entities interested in the strategic analysis of the energy system and the development of policy plans.
- We deliver capacity building and training on MARKAL/TIMES model techniques and other tools.
E4SMA can support energy decision makers at various geographic scale (from city-level to global), along the entire problem chain: from the definition and formalisation of the decision problem, the data collection, elaboration and organisation, the model development, the quantitative analysis, and the comparison of implications between alternative energy, emissions and policy pathways.
What we can deliver:
Customized energy models development
- MARKAL/TIMES energy systems models
- Multi-criteria decision analysis (MCDA) tools, e.g. PROMETHEE
- Electricity focused models, e.g. Balmorel, PLEXOS
- Open-source models, e.g. OSeMOSYS
- Other techniques and tools
- Implementation of energy/environmental strategies
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing energy systems modelling tools
- Delivery of policy and technology-oriented scenario analysis
Scenario analysis / Policy assessments / Technology roadmaps
Capacity building, training and development of training material and manuals