Since 2010, E4SMA offers its experience to Companies, Institutions and Government Agencies who are responsible of decision-making activities in the energy and environmental fields.
What we do:
- We develop customized energy system models for informed energy systems planning decisions.
- We deliver quantitative and model-based analyses related to the energy transition, climate policies, technology innovation and systems resiliency.
- We provide technical assistance to entities interested in the strategic analysis of the energy system and the development of policy plans.
- We deliver capacity building and training.
E4SMA can support energy decision makers at various geographic scale (from city-level to global), along the entire problem chain: from the definition and formalization of the decision problem, the data collection, elaboration and organization, the model development, the quantitative analysis, and the comparison of implications between alternative energy, emissions, and policy pathways.
- Development of customized energy models
- Veda TIMES energy systems models.
- Multi-criteria decision analysis (MCDA) tools, e.g. Promethee.
- Electricity focused models, e.g. Balmorel, PLEXOS.
- Open-source models, e.g. OSeMOSYS.
- Other techniques and tools.
- Consultancy and technical assistances
- Implementation of energy/environmental strategies and plans.
- Delivery of policy and technology-oriented scenario analysis related to the energy transition, climate policies, technology innovation and systems resiliency.
- Impact assessments of energy and climate policies.
- Development of technology roadmaps.
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing energy systems modelling tools.
- Capacity building, training and development of training material and manuals
- Capacity building and training activities on Veda TIMES, OSeMOSYS and other tools.
- Preparation of reports and training manuals for techno-economic models.