Client: European Commission Directorate General Joint Research Centre – Institute for Energy and Transport (JRC-IET)
Region: EU-28 countries, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia.
The JRC-EU-TIMES model is one of the models currently pursued and developed in the JRC under the auspices of the JRC Modelling Taskforce. The JRC-EU-TIMES model is designed for analysing the role of energy technologies and their innovation for meeting Europe’s energy and climate change related policy objectives.
The scope of this project is to provide support services to the Joint Research Centre, delivering technical assistance, data development & checking and ancillary services on the development of the JRC-EU-TIMES model.
- Training and Helpdesk service.
- Development of an updated hydrogen chain in the JET model.
- Use of VEDAViz to construct and share model’s results.
- Enhanced Residential and Non-residential building technologies description and set up in the JRC EU TIMES model.
- JRC EU Model recalibration and extension to Balkan countries.
- Heating/cooling technologies and heat distribution technologies update in the model SubRes.
- Implementation in the JET model of the non-energy commodity water.
For more details refer to JRC webpage (clic here)